On the Rocks Field Trips: Green River Basin
Rock Springs, WY
BE SURE TO LOG IN to receive MEMBER pricing.
Green River Basin
During this two-day trip, we will examine the large-scale stratigraphic architecture of the Mesaverde Group. Excellent exposures on the Rock Springs Uplift allow the study of reservoir-quality rocks which were deposited in environments ranging from alluvial and coastal plain through shoreline and into deeper marine settings.
- Trip Leaders: Lee Shannon & Keith Shanley
- Price: $1300; includes 2 nights hotel stay, dinner on Friday, breakfast and lunch on Saturday and Sunday.
RMAG members and non-members welcome.
- Meeting time/place: 4:00pm on Friday, June 21, at the Holiday Inn Express Rock Springs (RMAG will arrange for rooms for participants)
- Optional day of fly fishing on June 24
- Registration closes June 18, 2019
Additional travel information: Carpooling is encouraged. For those without transportation, there will be one large SUV traveling up from Denver with supplies with room for 5 passengers. To reserve a space in the SUV please let Kathy Mitchell-Garton know at [email protected] – SUV seats are first come, first served. PLEASE NOTE: If you ride in the SUV you will need pay for 2 extra nights at the hotel, as the SUV driver will not be returning until Tuesday morning. You may wish to attend the fly-fishing day on Monday, June 24th.
- This is a separate add-on being offered by one of the trip leaders
- Payment for fly fishing will be made directly to the resort
- Cost of trip to be determined; will likely depend on how many people attend
Refunds for the June Green River Basin Field Trip are only available until June 8, 2019.
Refunds for all RMAG technical and social events, except luncheons, are only available up to two weeks before the event date. If you are unable to attend, your registration for all RMAG events are transferable. RMAG members may transfer their registration to another RMAG member, and non-members can transfer their registrations to whomever they wish. Should an RMAG member wish to transfer their registration to a non-member, the non-member would need to pay the balance between the member and non-member price.
All registrants must fill out and return to the RMAG office the Waiver and Release of Liability form along with their registration. Release forms for this trip are due on May 8, 2019. Those who fail to turn in the release form by this day will not be permitted to attend the field trip.